Ask the Expert
How to Select and Purchase Asparagus:
- Select bright green asparagus with closed, compact, and firm tips. Also look for cut ends that are not dry.
- Select asparagus stalks that are about the same thickness so cooking will be uniform.
- Thickness does not influence quality.
- If the tips are slightly wilted, freshen them up by soaking them in cold water.
How to Store Fresh Asparagus:
- Storage of fresh asparagus is important. Fresh asparagus must be kept refrigerated at all times.
- Wrap a moist paper towel around the stem ends and place in the refrigerator.
- Keep fresh asparagus moist until you intend to use it.
Have a question? Ask the Expert!